Hi Everyone!
Today was another really great day!! The sun was shining most of the day, it was nice and hot and it was a pretty challenging ride. The first 40 miles were the most challenging with lots of steep hills, grade was at 10% for the first one, but seemed more like 20% steep for the second one. It was tough, but fun and rewarding to go down. My fastest speed today downhill was at 42.5 miles per hour! I don't think I've done that since day 5 when riding down Mt. Rose Summit!!!
We stopped for a very unhealthy lunch today, and kept going downhill the rest of the way. We passed the New Hampshire state line early on in the morning. Both New Hamshire and Vermont are really two of the most beautiful states I have ever seen. I've just been so impressed with the scenery here in NH today all day, as well as Vermont yesterday!!!
I got into the hotel fairly early today. It was cloudy and stormy with thunder the last 20 minutes into the hotel. When it did start to rain, I was right across the street from the hotel (Comfort Inn) that I am staying at. By the time I crossed the street, and made it inside, the downpour began!!! LUCKY!!!!!! And very fortunate, that I did not get caught up in that!!! I later met up with my friend, who I've known since Jr. High School, Lynn. It was fun to see her again, and to catch up with her after all these years!!! Afterwards, some of the other bikers and I had some drinks at the bar.
We are all very excited about tomorrow! OUR LAST DAY!!!!! Tomorrow we ride from Manchester, NH to Portsmouth , NH -- for a total of 61 miles. We will have a police escort to the atlantic ocean-- time will be approx. at noon when we dip our wheels in, and go totally and completly crazy!!! Afterwards, we will take a short 2 or 3 mile trip to Maine, just to cross another state line before we go back to the hotel to celebrate! It will be a fun day!
No time to load pics today... will do maybe tomorrow!!! Less than 24 hours to goal!!! Hope you are all well!!!
Meiri.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment